Fleas are annoying pests, but in general, they rarely bite people. However, if you have pets, there are high chances they infest your yard, house, and other areas. But professionals at Pest Control Adelaide say it is better to eliminate fleas before they completely invade the home. It is because they reproduce rapidly and can lay dozens of eggs a day! So, let us know here how to treat and get rid of fleas.
Treating Yard To Get Rid Of Fleas
To stop the infestation in the home, first, you should start from outside. Take a look at your yard and find out where they can hide; probably, it is humid and shady areas of the field. Once identified, here is what Adelaide pest control professional says to do:
- Remove dead leaves, flower beds, and low-hanging branches.
- Trim tall grasses and mow lawn throughout the year.
- Focus on the areas where pets lie down and practice a clean yard.
- Ensure maximum sunlight reaches shaded areas.
How To Get Rid Of Fleas From Home?
Pest control in Adelaide suggests treating the yard and home on the same day. Here are what you can do for flea removal:
- A regular powerful vacuum sucks eggs, larvae, and fleas in carpeting, upholstery, and floors.
- The combination of high heat and soap kills fleas; therefore, clean all the bedding.
- Sprinkle non-toxic powder on the carpet and furniture to eliminate them.
- Additionally, if the infestation is high, consider calling exterminators.
Don’t Forget Your Pets Need To Save From Flea Bites!
Fleas are dangerous pests for pets because they bite and cause infections. In addition, they spread diseases in cats and dogs include murine typhus, Flea tapeworm, Tungiasis, Anemia, and iron deficiencies.
- Wash and dry everything, especially stuff your pets use.
- Then, bath them with non-toxic flea shampoo.
- Use a flea comb to groom your pets and catch them into a cup of soapy water to kill.
- Use natural flea killer sprays that are safe for children and pets.
One Last Strategy-Hiring A Pest Control Professional In Adelaide!
Removing heavy flea infestation is frustrating and time-consuming. However, if you choose chemical methods to treat, you should always handle them carefully. The reason behind this is chemicals that are hazardous for pets and children at home without proper training. Therefore, it is best that you left flea removal to an expert pest management company. It is the quickest approach to treat and also stop the future infestation.
Keep in mind that fleas are bloodsucker and can feed on your blood too. Therefore, for the low infestation, follow regular vacuum and clean up. But for heavy infestation, don’t hesitate to contact pest control Adelaide. The early you call them, the fastest your home is flea-free.